Flame-retardant mastic, also called vapor barrier mastic, is a kind of vapor barrier material, made of asphalt or epoxy resin, added with mineral and adequate flame retardant. It is divided into two kinds of white mastic and black mastic with following features: air-tightness, water impermeability, cold resistance, corrosion protection, and not easy to deteriorate or crack. It has flame retardant after dried and could be used under normal temperature. It is a kind of ideal coating material for cold conservation, fire proofing and moisture resistance together with insulation material, such as cellular glass, PIR-polyisocyanurate and PUR-polyurethane in petrochemical industry. In addition, mastic is widely used as waterproofing material in construction sector.
1. Ave. Density: White Mastic ≥1400 kg/m3; Black Mastic ≥ 1600 kg/m3
2. Fire Resistance: It causes no spark during construction, fire resistant after drying, and extinguishes in 1s after fire source taken away.
3. Heat Durability: There is no signs of flowing or foaming, after it is placed at the angle of 45o at the temperature of 95℃ for 4hrs, and then for another 1 hour at the temperature of 120℃.
4. Water Absorption: The water absorbed is less than 0.5% (by weight) after soaking for 24hrs at room temperature.
5. Freeze-thaw Resistance: No cracks or peeling off occur after suspended at -40℃ and +60℃ for 2hrs respectively.
6. Drying Time: It can be touched with fingers after 5hrs, while it costs 7 days to dry completely.
7. Volatile Substance: 30±5%
8. Oxygen Index: >30（OI）
9. Adhesive Strength: 20℃ 2.5kg/cm2
10. Prolongation Rate: 3%
11. The proposed Service temp.: -60～+95℃